Thursday, 26 January 2012

Easier

I read an awful lot of preggo blogs now, and it's such a relief that we are almost through it. There's a long way to go, but i'm not worrying about, or dreaming about blood in the same way that i was early on. I'm no longer thinking secretly about adoption or worrying about not finding any eggs at egg collection. The hardest part is over.
I can see the second trimester, it's 5 days away, my belly has grown and hardened and since i've decided not to buy any clothes for me or for baby until i'm safely past the 12 week scan, i am just wearing dresses and tights, dresses and tights. And big cardigans and scarves that i hope covers it all.
I am still sickly and faint and tired and irritated and if i have any less than 9 hours sleep i can not function. But i am less worried. We saw the midwife on Tuesday and i passed with flying colours. Perfect blood pressure, nothing dodgy in the wee. She said i looked wonderfully glowy and beautiful and she didn't even have a go at me for being too fat. I walked away wondering if i am actually pregnant, maybe that's why everything was so god damn good. But no, bubba is there and i have the pictures to prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment